Associate | McLean, VA
Larry O’Brien is an associate in Watt Tieder’s Creditors’ Rights, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Practice. Larry’s practice focuses on business restructurings, bankruptcy, and creditors’ rights, as well as complex commercial disputes in state and federal courts across the United States.
Prior to joining Watt Tieder, Larry was an associate at a leading international law firm where he represented debtors, creditors, and other stakeholders in all aspects of corporate restructuring in both out-of-court processes and in-court proceedings across a broad range of industries.
Larry served as a law clerk for the Honorable Mary F. Walrath of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
Areas of Practice
- Creditors’ Rights
- John’s University School of Law, LL.M. in Bankruptcy Law, 2019
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D. 2017, with honors
- Articles Editor, The Journal of Energy & Environmental Law
- Georgetown University, B.A. 2012, cum laude
- 2019-2020 Law Clerk to the Honorable Mary F. Walrath, United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware
- New York
- Washington D.C. (admission pending)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Superior Court for the District of Columbia
- Maryland Court of Appeals