Sara Bour is an associate attorney in the Chicago, Illinois office of Watt, Tieder, Hoffar & Fitzgerald, LLP. Sara’s practice focuses on a range of complex litigation and transactional matters, with her core practice centering on commercial, construction, suretyship and insurance disputes. This includes pre-litigation investigation and case analysis, formal litigation including discovery, drafting pleadings, settlement negotiations and case evaluation, mediation, arbitration, motion practice, conducting and defending depositions, and trial. Sara is experienced in representing owners, general contractors, subcontractors, sureties and the like in both the public and private context.
Prior to joining the firm, Sara practiced family law, where she focused primarily on litigation, trial work, negotiations and alternative dispute resolution. She successfully represented clients both inside and outside of the courtroom.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2015
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Political Science, B.A., 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Family Law Legal Drafting
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Publications and Presentations
- Co-Author: “Delegated Design and the Black Hole of the Inartfully Drafted Contract,” Fidelity & Surety Law Newsletter, Fall 2019.