|Jane Kearl focuses her multi-state law practice on real estate issues. She represents developers, owners, and landlords in negotiating high value transactions, primarily in the construction law area, including multi-family and mixed-use developments. Ms. Kearl also litigates cases involving lien and bond claim workouts, lease issues, and contract matters. She has also successfully tried to jury verdict employment disputes.
In addition to her private practice, Ms. Kearl serves as a hearing officer for public entities.
Ms. Kearl is admitted to the practice of law in California, Colorado and Washington, as well as before select United States District Courts.
Ms. Kearl holds an “AV Preeminent” rating for professional abilities and ethical standards with Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings. She is featured in “Women Leaders in the Law” by The American Lawyer, and was named as a Southern California “Super Lawyer.”
Ms. Kearl’s legal leadership roles include serving as an arbitrator for the Orange County Bar Association since 2006, and as a member of the Board of Directors of the Orange County Women Lawyers Association from 2008-2012. Further, she volunteers with the Orange County Constitutional Rights Foundation, Mock Trial Program, and has been honored as its Volunteer of the Year.
Active in the community, Ms. Kearl currently serves on the Board of Directors for Mercy House Living Centers, and formerly was President of the Board of Directors for both the Orange County Child Abuse Prevention Center and Women Helping Women, local non-profits dedicated to ending domestic violence.
Ms. Kearl speaks at local law schools, at bar functions, and at MCLE events.
Ms. Kearl graduated from The Ohio State University College of Law, with honors, where she was an extern for the United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio.
- The Ohio State University College of Law, cum laude
- Ohio Northern University, B.A., 1988
- California Courts
- Washington State Courts
- Colorado State Courts
- United States District Court for the Central, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- California Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent for Professional Abilities and Ethical Standards, 2001 – present
Memberships & Affiliations
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Women Lawyers, past Board Member
- Member, Board of Directors for the Non-Profit Mercy House Living Centers, Inc.
- Past President, Board of Directors for the Non-Profit Orange County Child Abuse Prevention Center, Inc.