Rebecca S. Glos is a partner in the Irvine, California office of WTHF. Ms. Glos graduated from University of California, Los Angeles (B.A. 1996) and Tulane School of Law (J.D. 2000). She joined WTHF in 2006 and has focused her practice primarily in construction litigation with a heavy concentration in state and federal courts throughout the state of California, including, San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Ventura, San Luis Obispo, and Sacramento Counties. Ms. Glos has extensive expertise in preparing, negotiating, and prosecuting construction claims against local, state, and federal public agencies.
Most recently, in 2017-2018, Ms. Glos was a member of the trial team for the Plaintiff Kiewit Power Constructors Co. (“Kiewit”) in a 12-day jury trial against the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (“LADWP”) in the United States District Court, Central District of California, which resulted in a jury’s verdict of $45 million to Kiewit.
Ms. Glos has also represented sureties that issued performance bonds on projects for the United States Army Corps of Engineers (“USACE”) on U.S. military bases throughout the world. Ms. Glos has negotiated directly with the USACE in securing waivers and releases for sureties and settling affirmative claims.
Throughout her career, Ms. Glos has participated in all phases of the construction litigation process. She has arbitrated through the State Office of Administrative Hearings, American Arbitration Association, and JAMS. Ms. Glos is an expert at state and federal civil procedure, evidence, and public contract law.
Ms. Glos is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and Spanish.
- General Information
- Tulane School of Law, J.D., 2000
- Maritime Certificate
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1996, Sociology
- Honors Program
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Mandarin Chinese
- Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Los Angles County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Asian American Bar Association
- Publications and Presentations
- Co-Author: “Subcontractor Default Insurance: Relevant Considerations for the Surety Claims Professional”, Winter 2017.
- Chapter Author: ” Sureties ” , California Construction Law Manual, 2011 (forthcoming).
- Author: “An Overview of Subdivision Set-Aside Letters: Who, What, When, Where, and Why,” Watt Tieder Newsletter, Winter 2010-2011.
- Contributing Author: “The New Reality of Getting Paid – Strategies for Receivable Management from Impoverished Owners,” Pearlman Conference, Seattle, Washington, 2010.
- Author: “Subdivision Bonds: The End or Just the Beginning?,” Watt Tieder Newsletter, Fall 2009.
- Author: “Subdivision Bond Claims in California: A Growing Trend,” Construction Briefing, 2009.
- Presenter: “Managing the Surety Claims Process in Subdivision Defaults” , March 2009.