Joseph A. Figueroa
Associate | McLean, VA
Joe Figueroa is an associate in Watt Tieder’s McLean, Virginia office concentrating his practice in the areas of construction, government contracts, suretyship law, and commercial litigation. Joe has successfully resolved a wide variety of litigation matters for his clients through negotiation, alternative dispute resolution, and trial.
Joe focuses his representation of contractors and sureties on the preparation and litigation of contract claims, performance and payment bond claims, and other commercial disputes. Joe also advises clients on transactional matters including the preparation of contracts, handling of pre-litigation claims, and development of risk management and compliance strategies.
Joe remains active in the legal community, serving on the executive board of the Virginia Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division and the board of directors of the Fairfax Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section. Joe also served as a judge for the 47th Annual William B. Spong Moot Court Tournament at William & Mary Law School.
Areas of Practice
- Government Contracts
- Commercial Litigation
- William & Mary School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 2014
- University of Virginia, B.A. Government & History with distinction, 2009
- Clerkship: Law Clerk for the Honorable Daniel E. Ortiz and Charles J. Maxfield, Virginia’s 19th Judicial Circuit
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit