Jane G. Kearl
Senior Partner | Irvine, CA
Jane Kearl focuses her multi-state law practice on real estate issues. She represents developers, owners, and landlords in negotiating high value transactions, primarily in the construction law area, including multi-family and mixed-use developments. Ms. Kearl also litigates cases involving lien and bond claim workouts, lease issues, and contract matters. She has also successfully tried to jury verdict numerous disputes.
In addition to her private practice, Ms. Kearl serves as a hearing officer for public entities and is an arbitrator with the American Arbitration Association.
Ms. Kearl is admitted to the practice of law in California, Colorado and Washington, as well as before select United States District Courts.
Ms. Kearl’s legal leadership roles include serving as an arbitrator for the Orange County Bar Association since 2006, and as a member of the Board of Directors of the Orange County Women Lawyers Association from 2008-2012. Further, she volunteers with the Orange County Constitutional Rights Foundation, Mock Trial Program, and has been honored as its Volunteer of the Year.
Active in the community, Ms. Kearl currently serves on the Board of Directors for a local teen mental health agency, and formerly was a member of the Board of Directors for Mercy House Living Centers. Additionally, Ms. Kearl is past President of the Board of Directors for both the Orange County Child Abuse Prevention Center and Women Helping Women, local non-profits dedicated to ending domestic violence.
Ms. Kearl speaks at local law schools, at bar functions, and at MCLE events.
- Chambers USA – List of Top Construction Lawyers 2022
- California Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent for Professional Abilities and Ethical Standards, 2001 – present
- Leaders in the Law, The American Lawyer, 2015 to present
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Women Lawyers, past Board Member
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- The Ohio State University College of Law
- Ohio Northern University, B.A.
- California State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- Colorado State Courts
- United States District Court for the Central, Northern and Southern Districts of California