Brian C. Padove
Associate | Chicago, IL
Brian Padove joined Watt Tieder in 2018 after spending three years working as a litigation associate at a national insurance defense firm.
Brian focuses his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, construction law, and suretyship while representing a wide variety of clients including contractors, subcontractors, sureties, and owners. He is admitted to practice law in Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin as well as multiple federal district courts.
Brian received his J.D. from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 2014. During law school, he completed a judicial internship under Justice David Prosser of the Wisconsin Supreme Court and spent two summers as a law clerk at a national law firm.
Brian’s education an experience allows him to provide a full range of transactional and litigation services to his clients.
- American Bar Association
- Member of the Fidelity and Surety Law Committee of the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (TIPS)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Chicago Building Congress (CBC)
- DRI: The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Co-Speaker: “Contracts Speak For Themselves . . . Or Do They? The Obstacles of Managing and Resolving Inconsistencies with Ancillary Documents, Attachments, and Exhibits: A Webinar” (May 2021).
- Co-Author: “Quantifying Lost Labor Productivity Claims”, Substance Magazine (Winter 2020).
- Author: “‘Too Much Notice’ of a Payment Bond Claim May Be No Notice At All Under the Miller Act,” The Newsletter of Watt, Tieder, Hoffar & Fitzgerald, L.L.P. (Summer, 2020).
- Co-Speaker: “What to Say, What Not to Say: An Overview of Tips Surety Underwriters Should Consider While Communicating” (July 2020)
- Co-Speaker: “Federal Construction Contracts vs. COVID-19: An “Excused” Delay? A NASBP Podcast”, https://letsgetsurety.org/author/lets-get-surety/ (March 2020).
- Co-Speaker: “Blockchain Technology: The Impact on the Construction, Surety and Legal Industries,” CFMA Chicago Chapter Webinar (April, 2020)
- Speaker: “More Data, More E-Discovery Considerations: Insights for Construction and Legal Professionals in the 2020s,” Watt, Tieder, Hoffar & Fitzgerald, L.L.P. Chicago Office ‘Lunch and Learn’ (February, 2020)
- Co-Speaker: “Blockchains: The Potential Effects on the Construction, Surety, and Legal Industries,” CFMA Midwest Regional Conference (September, 2019)
- Author: “Blockchains 101: The Essentials,” The Newsletter of Watt, Tieder, Hoffar & Fitzgerald, L.L.P. (Summer, 2019)
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 2014
- Butler University, B.S. Economics, 2012
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana