Mariela Malfeld is a Florida Board Certified Construction Law Attorney in Watt Tieder’s Miami office. She represents a variety of clients both in public and private construction contracts and focuses her practice on construction litigation and suretyship. For construction litigation matters, Mariela represents the client from the inception of litigation through trial or arbitration.
- General Information
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 2007
- University of Miami, B.A., 2004
- District of Columbia
- Spanish (Fluent)
- Nominated to Super Lawyers as Rising Star – 2016, 2017
- Publications and Presentations
- Authored “Documenting With Drones: Practical Implications of Multiple Tiers of Regulation” – Summer 2017 edition of Action Line.
- Co-authored “Introduction to Dispute Resolution Under the FIDIC (Fédération Internationale Des Ingénieurs-Conseils) Conditions of Contract” – Fall 2014 edition of the International Law Quarterly.
- Co-authored “Section 8(a) Mentor/Protégé Relationships” – October 2012 edition of Surety and Fidelity Claims Institute Newsletter.
- Special Edition Editor for the International Law Quarterly Fall 2014 publication.
- 2017 Moderator for iLaw Panel titled “International Construction Arbitration: Trends and Best Practices”.
- 2016-2017 Chair of the International Law Committee of the International Law Section of the Florida Bar.
- 2016 Florida Bar RPPTL Construction Law Committee: “Action Line” Editor and Legislative Subcommittee.
- 2016 Chair of the International Construction Committee of the International Law Section of the Florida Bar.
- 2015-2016 Member of Legislative Committee of the International Law Section of the Florida Bar.
- 2014 Steering Committee Chair – Pre-Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot.
- 2013 Author / Researcher of ad hoc committee responsible for the creation of the International Commercial Arbitration subsection of the Complex Business Litigation Division of the 11th Judicial Circuit in and for Miami-Dade County, Florida.
- 2011-2013 Steering Committee – Pre-Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot.