Eric Liberman focuses his practice on construction litigation and government contracts. Eric has represented contractors, subcontractors and insurance companies in all aspects of public and private construction projects.
Eric has experience examining witnesses at trial, taking and defending depositions, drafting and filing pleadings, motions and oppositions, and managing large scale e-discovery projects. Eric has represented clients in federal and state court cases, as well as GAO bid protests, appeals before the state and federal boards of contract appeals, and a protest before the FAA Office of Dispute Resolution for Acquisition.
During law school, Eric clerked at a commercial litigation firm that specialized in bankruptcy and contract law. Prior to law school, Eric worked as a Tax Consultant and Accountant.
- General Information
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 2012, cum laude
- Vice President and Treasurer, George Mason Alternative Dispute Resolution Society
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot – Quarterfinalist
- Miami University, B.A., Accounting with a Minor in Business Legal Studies
- Washington state courts
- Virginia state courts
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Memberships & Affiliations
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- ABA Forum on the Construction Industry
- Publications and Presentations
- Know Your Title Insurance: How A Construction Lender Can Protect Its Interests When A Project Collapses.
- Guest Lecturer on International Commercial Arbitration at the George Mason University School of Law.
- Representative Projects
- Successful bid protest at US Court of Federal Claims related to contract with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). Court issued permanent injunction stopping award, Level 3 Communications, LLC v. United States, 129 Fed. Cl. 487 (2016).
- Represented the EPC contractor on construction of Vogtle Nuclear Power Plants 3 and 4 in Waynesboro Georgia in litigation regarding regulatory and design changes exceeding $1.5 Billion, Georgia Power Co. v. Westinghouse Electric Company LLC et al. No. 12-167 (S.D. Georgia 2015).
- Favorable settlement of all claims in concurrent actions in the DC Superior Court and before the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals regarding renovation of fire damage at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center.
- Successful bid protest at the GAO related to a telecommunications services contract with DISA. Level 3 Communications, LLC, B-412330.3 (2016).
- Successfully represented intervener in a bid protest at the Maryland State Board of Contract Appeals and in the subsequent Petition for Judicial Review in the Circuit Court for Baltimore City regarding MDTA procurement to clean and paint the William Preston Lane, Jr. Memorial Bridge.
- Successfully represented intervenor in a bid protest at the FAA Office of Dispute Resolution (ODRA) related to a Controller Training services contract. Protest of CACI, 15-ODRA-00733 (2015).