Associate | mclean, VA
Andrew Balland is an associate at Watt Tieder’s McLean office. Andrew concentrates his practice in construction, government contracts, and suretyship law. He joined the firm after clerking for the Honorable Chief Judge Bruce D. White of Fairfax County Circuit Court, Virginia’s busiest trial court. Andrew’s clerkship exposed him to an array of complex civil litigation matters and provided him with extensive knowledge of the litigation process in Virginia state courts. He also has interned for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and Arlington County Circuit Court.
Andrew graduated magna cum laude from American University Washington College of Law in 2019. While in law school, Andrew served as a Note & Comment Editor for the Administrative Law Review, competed as a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Honor Society, and clerked for the United States Attorney’s Office in Washington, DC.
Areas of Practice
- Government Contracts
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2019
- Order of the Coif
- Administrative Law Review, Note & Comment Editor
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Honor Society, Member
- Outstanding Pro Bono Honors
- University of Maryland – College Park, B.A. Communication, 2016
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Chief Judge Bruce D. White, 19th Judicial Circuit of Virginia