Amanda Marutzky is a Partner in Watt Tieder’s Irvine office focusing her practice in the areas of surety and lending, construction and general commercial litigation. Amanda advises clients on contract administration and disputes related to public and private construction projects in various state, federal and alternative dispute resolution fields. Amanda also manages all phases of litigation and resolution in connection with claims for and against surety clients, including: performance bond claims; project takeover and completion efforts; indemnity disputes; asset investigation and liquidation; bankruptcy and insolvency matters; and payment bond claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Amanda was with Bryan Cave LLP as part of their banking and commercial litigation team. She also has experience in the area of insurance defense litigation having handled a variety of matters, including breach of contract, and tort liability.
During law school, Amanda clerked at insurance defense litigation firms in Colorado and California. She also worked as a certified law clerk for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office in the Hardcore Gang and Preliminary Hearings Units.
- General Information
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., 2010, Order of the Barristers
- Student Articles Editor, Pepperdine Dispute Resolution Law Journal
- Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution, Certificate
- University of Texas, Austin, B.S., 2006, With Honors
- All U.S. District Courts for the State of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts of California
- Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- CREW-OC (Commercial Real Estate Women-Orange County Chapter)
- Publications and Presentations
- Presenter: “Corrective Lenses: Seeing Ethics Clearly in the Modern World,” Western States Surety Conference, Spring 2019 Program.
- Co-Author: “The Performance Bond Surety’s Rights to Contract Funds,” Chapter of ABA Performance Bond Manual, January 2019.
- Author: “Financing the Principal: Case Updates from 1994,” April 2017, Western States Surety Conference.
- Author: Lease-Leaseback Agreements in California Post Davis v. Fresno Unified School District, Spring 2017, WTHF Newsletter.
- Presenter: “Bet the Company Case? How to Win the War Through Forum Selection, ESI Management, Effective Budgeting and More” Construction Super Conference, Las Vegas, NV, December 2017 Program.
- Publication: “Subcontractor Default Insurance: Relevant Considerations for the Surety Claims Professional,” Surety Bond Quarterly, Winter 2017, Vol. 4, Issue 4.
- Co-Author: “Subcontractor Default Insurance: Relevant Considerations for the Surety Claims Professional,” Winter 2017.
- Presenter: “Subcontractor Default Insurance: Relevant Considerations for the Surety Claims Professional,” Western States Surety Conference, Spring 2017 Program.
- Author: “Making a Deal with the Devil: A Mediation Approach to Mitigating the Negative Effects of Church Conflict,” Pepperdine Dispute Resolution Law Journal, Vol. 10, Spring 2010.