Marguerite Lee DeVoll is an associate in Watt Tieder’s Tyson’s Corner, McLean office. Marguerite’s practice focuses on business restructurings, bankruptcy, and creditors’ rights, as well as complex commercial disputes in state and federal courts across the United States.
Prior to joining the firm, Marguerite represented commercial landlords and national retail tenants in commercial real property litigation in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. In addition, she has significant experience defending fraudulent transfer and preference actions. She has experience representing creditors in corporate Chapter 11 cases and individual Chapter 7 and 13 cases as well as debtors in corporate Chapter 11 cases.
Marguerite served as a law clerk for the Honorable William R. Sawyer of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Alabama from 2010-2012. During law school, Ms. DeVoll served as Editor-in-Chief of the Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal.
- General Information
- Emory School of Law, J.D.
- Editor-in-Chief, Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal
- University of Virginia, B.A., with distinction
- Georgia Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association, Council Member for the Veterans’ Affairs and Military Law Section
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member of Construction Law Section, Litigation Law Section, and State & Local Government Section
- The Bankruptcy Bar Association for the District of Maryland
- Emory School of Law, J.D.
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Maryland
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Maryland
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, Newsletter Co-Editor for the Greater Maryland Network
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Military Spouse JD Network
- American Legion Auxiliary, Post 388
- Capital City Toastmasters International Club
- Co-Author of materials for “Ethical Issues in Business and Consumer Bankruptcy Cases,” presented by Bankruptcy Bar Assocation for the District of Maryland, 21st Annual Spring Break Weekend, May 6, 2017.
- Author, “Developments with UCC Financing Statements Lapsing Post-Petition”, XXXVI ABI Journal 3, 30-31, 78-79, March 2017
- Co-Author of materials for “The Automatic Stay and Intellectual Property Litigation Issues”, presented by Walter Chandler American Inn of Court, Panelist, March , 2016.
- Student Comment, “Neither ‘Free’ nor ‘Clear”: The Real Costs of In re PW, LLC: A Look at § 363(f)(3) and How to Protect Creditors” 26 Emory Bank. Dev. J. 1, 167 (2010)