Christine Lee is an associate in Watt Tieder’s Seattle office. Her practice spans both domestic and international work with a focus on construction litigation and claims, construction contracts, government contracting, commercial litigation, and suretyship.
Prior to joining Watt Tieder, Christine served as international corporate counsel for a major global engineering and construction company located in Seoul, Korea, where she worked on contracts and dispute management/resolution matters on multi-million and multi-billion dollar projects. As corporate counsel, Christine was responsible for risk management and dispute resolution for numerous types of projects across the globe, including power and desalination plants, hydrocarbon processing plants, industrial plants, nuclear power, civil infrastructure, and buildings and structures. Currently, as an associate for Watt Tieder, Christine works on construction-related dispute resolution and risk management matters throughout the United States and the world, including litigation, arbitration, mediation, claims, and contract drafting and review.
While in law school at the University of Washington School of Law, Christine served as Judicial Extern for the Honorable Marsha J. Pechman of the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington.
Christine is also a contributor to Watt Tieder’s Fifty State Survey Of Key Issues Related To Construction & Engineering Contracts, in which she authored the topic Licensing Requirements for Construction Managers
- General Information
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Executive Comments Editor, Pacific Rim Law & Policy Journal
- University of Washington, B.A., honors
- Memberships & Affiliations
- International Bar Association (IBA) – International Construction Projects Committee Member
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- Washington State Bar Association – Construction Law Section
- American Bar Association – Forum on Construction Law
- Korean American Bar Association (KABA)
- Publications and Presentations
- Author: “On The Fast Track: The ICC’s New Expedited Procedure Rules.” Watt Tieder Newsletter Spring 2017
- Co-Author (with Edward J. Parrott): “Lessons from Abroad: Republic Of Korea.” Watt Tieder Newsletter Spring 2016.
- Author: “Back To Back, From Top to Bottom: Important Considerations For Drafting And Reviewing ‘Back-To-Back’ Agreements.” Watt Tieder Newsletter Summer 2015.
- Author: “‘Pollute Now, Control Later’ No More: Combating Environmental Degradation in China Through an Approach Based in Public Interest Litigation and Public Participation,” Pacific Rim Law & Policy Journal, Volume 17, June 2008.